
For months Owen has been asking us to take him on the Z train, one of the only trains he hasn't ridden yet. Because it only runs in one direction during rush hour, and is about an hour away from our house, we haven't been able to take him on it. Last month, amid sweeping budget cuts, the MTA announced they would be retiring the Z line soon, so Owen became even more perplexed.
Thanks to his oral surgery a couple of weeks ago, and a follow-up dentist appointment, Owen had a day off from school last week, and I was able to take him for his first (and probably last) ride on the Z. We made it with about 5 minutes to spare, and were only able to take it one stop, since it was running into Manhattan only, but it was enough to count it. I took this shot to commemorate the day.

3 comments:
Haha! I'm glad Owen can now add the Z to his list!
So cute! And looking so grown-up. Glad he got to ride the Z Train!
What a great mom! All the effort, but I'm sure it meant everything to him--way to go!
Post a Comment