Thursday, March 04, 2010

Nutrition according to Owen

Owen had some oral surgery yesterday and was put on a liquid/soft food diet. We were discussing what we would have for lunch and Owen was set on having a cheeseburger. I told him that he needed soft food and he pulled out several arguments that cheeseburgers were not hard, they were soft, the buns were very soft and so was the cheese. Then he really got upset telling me the he needed protein to grow big and strong, etc.

Later, tonight I fixed a big plate of eggs for dinner and after eating about half of it Owen announced that he was full and wanted pudding. I told him he needed to finish the eggs that they had protein in them and reminded him that earlier he was crying about wanting protein to grow big and strong. He said,

"I wanted cheeseburger protein, not egg protein!"

1 comment:

vdg family said...

Good job teaching him about nutrition! I love his reasoning.