So Owen and I had an interesting conversation this morning on the way to school. There is a sign on our elevator that says in case of a fire to use the stairs, etc. Owen asked me to read the sign to him, and then began the non-stop barrage of the same question over and over again:
Owen: "Why can't we take the elevator in a fire?"
James: "Because the elevator could get stuck, and we wouldn't be able to get out, and we would get burned in the fire and die."
O: "So we have to take the stairs?"
J: "Yes."
O: "Why do we have to take the stairs?"
J: "Because the elevator could get stuck and we would die in the fire."
O: "Why can't we take the elevator?"
J: "Owen, why can't we take the elevator in a fire?"
O: "Because it could get stuck?"
J: "Yes. And then what would happen?"
O: "We could get burned?"
J: "Uh huh."
O: "And die?"
J: "Yep."
O: "And go to Heavenly Father?"
J: "Uh huh."
O: "And Heavenly Father would say to take the stairs?"
J: Bursts out laughing.... "Yes, Owen."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I burst out laughing too on those last two lines. TOO FUNNY! Okay, you blog slacker - I hereby requests more frequent updates. We miss you guys! XOXO.
Adorable!!! That is hilarious! I love it!
Great post. I love the element of REAL life that you captured. I'm still sad we didn't make it out last weekend. Someday I'll surprise you on your doorstep.
Sure love you guys.
Funny! Could you change your blogs RSS settings so that I get the whole post?
thanks,
Christopher
ROFLOL! I too have the fear that I will die doing something stupid and will be asked the "Why didn't you take the stairs?" question.
Thanks for the laugh Owen...and thanks for recording it James.
i can totally hear owen asking you the questions.
They are so funny. I love their minds turning. too cute
lol wo thats so cute! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment