Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the race

Upon arriving at the race my goal was to finish before this guy (because it shouldn't be too hard to out run someone wearing a lighthouse, right?)

Larry the Lighthouse

I didn't... I think he wound up 2-3 minutes ahead of me. But I am pretty happy with how the race turned out. It was a hot and sunny day. There were a few point when I questioned why I signed up for it. But I jogged the whole way and finished in 36 minutes so all in all it was good. I think next time I will train a little more though. Running a few miles every few weeks didn't cut it. So Hopefully, I'll be able to do the next one in under 30!

Displaying our loot (Carol, Me, Amy, Kelli, Kendra and Jessica)

6 comments:

Lisa M said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun.

familia Bybaran said...

Congratulations. Great job. Looks like it was fun. You look great!

LeolaniNYC said...

horray for you! i started my training for the 5k in september this week.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Mandy said...

Yah hoo! Way to go Celeste!! It always feels good to finish strong! What type of race did you run? my friends are trying to get me to run another half marathon!

Jessica said...

the lighthouse makes me laugh. it's so totally random!