Friday, February 22, 2008

If You Build It, They Will Tear It Down

So it finally snowed today. The first REAL snowfall of the year (and the winter is almost over...hopefully). Owen got out of school early, so we picked up a couple of his friends (Oliver and Porter), and headed out to build a snowman. All of them seemed to know what a snowman was, but had never built one. So despite some extremely short attention spans, I attempted to teach them the art of building the perfect snowman.

The snow was absolutely ideal for snowman building and snowball throwing, very abnormal for NYC. We were some of the first people to the park, so with yards and yards of pristine snow we (I) set to work. In about 15 minutes we had a beautiful 5ft something snowman. Classic size and shape. Oliver had even brought a carrot from home, and there just happened to be some perfect sticks laying around the area.

The Masterpiece

Putting on the finishing touches...

Oliver, Porter & Owen

The Snowman lived for about 45 seconds before the boys completely destroyed it, as if that was the entire purpose for building it. All that was left was the bottom, which was too heavy for the three of them to smash, but perfect for jumping off. All in all it was a great day.

Oliver jumping off the remains of the Snowman

5 comments:

Principal in Queens said...

Holy cow have the boys gotten big!

What a fun snowman they built!

Jason in Alaska said...

Great job on the snowman, Celeste. I'm really impressed since our snow is never quite right for making them here in south central Alaska.

Boys will be boys...as I recall, everything that I ever built around Owen got knocked down within a minute too.

nyc_ransoms said...

Actually, James took the boys out and built the snowman. I don't have as much skill as I think I have only build one snowman in my life (we all did it as a family our first winter in AK)

I have been pestering James for ages to blog and this is his first entry, yeah!

Jason in Alaska said...

Sorry James...didn't mean to call you a girl ;)

Natasha said...

Hey, wait a minute, I think this is actually James' second entry. The first was about Emma & buttons, right? :)

My boys had such a blast. Thank you for taking them out!