Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy and Sad

An excerpt from a conversation between me and Emma. I had just told her that if she climbed up on my desk and stood on it she would ruin my things and I would be sad.


Emma: "Are you happy?"

James: "Yes, are you happy?"

E: "I'm mad at my book."

J: "Why?"

E: "Because it gets wet."

J: "How does it get wet?"

E: "I tried to dry it off, but it gets wet. It makes me sad and mad."


Background: Yesterday Owen and Emma tried to "wash" their books in the bathroom sink. I walked in to hysterical laughing and splashing water all over the place. Maybe it's a good thing that I can't remember what it's like to be 2 or 5. There's got to be some logical explanation as to why you would wash your book in the sink, right?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

hahaha! that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute family pic. Atleast the kids get the idea: dirty=wash it.Aunt Lisa says paper doesn't wash very well :-)

Salax said...

Hehe... That's really funny.

~Christopher, with a new name.