We had a fun and busy October and I fell behind on blogging. Here's what you missed:
Apple Pickin'
Owen and I went on an apple picking field trip with his preschool. It was a fun trip. We met at the school in the morning and took a yellow school bus (1 hours later than scheduled) 1.5 hours out to the NJ/PA state line (weren't there any farms closer?!) We took a huge wagon ride to pick pumpkins -it took a long time to convince Owen that that pumpkin picking was a fun activity (he preferred running over the bumps the plows had made). Then we rode over to the apple orchard and picked apples. Owen finally realized his month long dream of picking an apple from a tree. He was really cute and it was really fun to watch.
Happy Calloween
Owen really got into Halloween this year or Calloween as he calls it. I had planed for months to dress the kids up as Pebbles and Bam Bam. I thought they would look super cute and Owen has become totally wild lately so Bam Bam would have been a great fit. I didn't find a satisfactory costume online and before I made both costumes I asked O what he wanted to be for Halloween and a resounding SPIDERMAN was his reply. We went to our traditional Ward Halloween Party on Saturday (unfortunately my camera batteries were not charged so I didn't get any pictures). Owen's school celebrated the Entire day. They had a parade and lots of food, candy and music. Apparently, Owen really got down and boogied. Some parents in our building put together a wonderful Halloween party and Trick-or-Treat. Owen made out with more candy than you would believe.
Day at the Museum
Owen asks us every day if we can take the C train to the museum to look at dinosaurs. This Saturday we were finally able to go. It was fun to spend the day together as a family. Owen was not as into the dinosaurs as he has let on the last 3 months but did seem to enjoy the trip out. As always the subway is the highlight of any outing for him!
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was waiting to see what your kids were for Halloween. Spidey was a popular costume around here too!
Post a Comment