Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Been a Long Time

Okay, as with any journal I keep I have not been able to keep up with my goal of posting regularly. We have had a few crazy weeks. I started a full-time job so we have been transitioning from stay-at-home mom to working mom. It has been interesting. I never thought I would be a "working mom" but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I actually like my job. It is very low key and relaxed. Which is nice because the last thing I need is more stress and it is great to get out of the house without kids, an opportunity to be just me and not mommy. I would definatley prefer to spend more time at home with the kids but we need the benefits of a full-time employee. So far we have been able to work out childcare fairly well. When James has a job to shoot we have been able to find friends to watch the kids for trade. We also have been able to hire some young women. I think it has been great having James watch the kids. Owen seems to like the extra time he has been able to spend with daddy.

Turns out James is no better at watching the kids and homemaking than me. I am not sure if I am glad about that or not. Of course it is nice to know that I was doing a good job but on the other hand it would be really nice to have a CLEAN house!

The kids are doing great. I am so proud of them and how well they have done with the transition. Emma is such a peach though, the time I spent worrying about her taking taking a bottle turned out to be unfounded. And of course Owen has enjoyed the extra socialization.

Emma has grown so much, she is scooting all over the floor. Rolling around and getting closer to her first crawl. She has also cut 4 teeth this month. I plan on posting a pic of her soon because I think it has changed her look.

Grandma and Grandpa Bailey arrive this week and on Friday we are off to Northern New York for the Hill Cumorah Pagent, Niagra Falls, Palmyra and the various church sites. So we will definatley have some pictures to post soon!

2 comments:

Eryn said...

Congrats on the job, somebody shared the news with me. Good to get an update from you with what you've been up to. I wore the swimsuit today--like it a lot =). Talk with you soon. Enjoy your trip!

nyc_ransoms said...

So glad you like the suit. Good to hear from you.